Saturday, December 29, 2007

The Pelicans have arrived !

Kokrebellur, about 80 kms from Bangalore where the migratory birds have made their first landing. The endangered spot billed pelicans have started to arive in this remote village. They seem to have a bond (an agreement of co-existence signed) with the villagers. The villagers say, its been like that for centuries now. The village got its name from these migratory birds which travel from thousands of miles, as far away in Siberia.

For now the birds have nested in two trees in the village. These are the first batch to arrive. As the seasons changes, more birds are expected..


A dragon fly checking on the birds below :)

A local villager winnowing ...

4 comments:

Vc said...

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii* how come you never invite me to any of these " lazy drives " why why ??

Vc said...

Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii* how come you never invite me to any of these " lazy drives " why why ??

barb michelen said...

Hello I just entered before I have to leave to the airport, it's been very nice to meet you, if you want here is the site I told you about where I type some stuff and make good money (I work from home): here it is

Nita said...

I found it. The dragonfly checking on the birds. That's my favorite! I hope you keep it blown up and framed. It's a unique one. :-)